Chin Up and Aim High!

Saturday, September 28, 2013

This week's sketch at RetroSketches was fun to work with.  I paired it with a stamp set from Avery Elle to create a card suitable for a guy in need of a bit of encouragement.
This is about as clean and simple as I've ever been.  I'm not sure it works for me or not.  Here's the sketch for this week:
I do like the fringe though. :)
This is the last card that I've made as the September Headliner at Retro Sketches.  It's been a fun month and I'd like to thank the ladies there for letting me share my card-making endeavors with them.

My other card is for the Avery Elle September AEI♥U Challenge.  I tried to keep it simple as well.
That tag die is one of my all-time favorites.
The challenge was to create a project based on this picture. Isn't it a cheery and fun image?
Happy Stamping!
 

14 comments:

  1. These are beautiful!! LOVING the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic cards!! love the fringe on the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a cool card! Did you fringe the blue? Love it!
    You rocked the color challenge with the second card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. genius with the fringe, such a fun touch on your card! Your Avery Elle card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fantastic cards! I love the fringe on the first.....so cool, and the second is so bold and modern and graphic. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the envelope look is super smart, and I just love your take on the photo inspiration!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had been trying to work out how you'd done the RS card Michelle and it wasn't until I read your blog that I realised you'd created a fringe lol. I thought you'd done some paper folding! Love your version of the sketch and how you've been inspired by the pic...it reminded a bit of the card I've done for next week's Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knocked it out on BOTH cards here Michelle! You are a ROCKSTAR to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these cards! Absolutely gorgeous. I must try the fringe idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards! I really love the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, Michelle! I especially love that fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just caught this over at AE. Love your take on the photo. Just as fun as the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)