Sunday, April 19, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Due Date

This week the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is: "Due Date." Please remember that you can interpret this challenge however you'd like. I've been thinking that it's high time I learn to use my Silhouette Cameo. You might even say that it's overdue....or past my due date.
Anyway....Aside from all the play-on-words weirdness, I really do need to learn to use the Cameo. So... I'm starting out with a simple cut sentiment on a hand stamped background. My background began with acrylic paints in mellon colors. Then I added a few fun stamps. (I love those new stamps from Stampendous!)
Pretty simple, but SUPER fun!
How would you interpret "Due Date?" Link your project to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and your project could win a $50 gift voucher to Simon Says Stamp We draw a new winner each week. Your project could also be chosen to be featured in our weekly designer spotlight.

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely mix of lime and coral! I always forget to mix my inks and paints together and this is a gorgeous reminder why I should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! LOVING those colors!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work!! The colors looks so fabulous together! Pair that with a Vincent VanGogh post, and *gush*! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the graphic boldness of your card. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your complement in the comment you left on my entry for SSS mondaychallenge. I really like the different inspiration the team gives and I am glad to see you are using your cameo...(watch it; there are some of my blog-friends that are totally hooked on it!) The card you made is beautiful and the colours inspire me to use some othercolors again than I uselly would :) So thank you for the inspiration every time! Have a colourfull and inky week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Michelle! Love that you've used the cameo! I need to use mine more too! I did today! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love your way to mix different products! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful card and the cut sentiment, Michelle. The background you created is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE the background you've created and you've used such a cool combination of colour ~ fabulous work, as always Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great piece and you always introduce me to cool new products I didn't even know existed. If I ever had to vote for a crafter who is least likely to get in a rut and be predictable, it would be you! And hey- huge kudos on learning the mysterious ways of the Cameo. I still tend to shy away from things with cords and buttons and instruction manuals in more than one language, but I'm proud of you and am excited to see what that clever mind of yours does with such cool technology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that artsy background you created for your card. I also need to remember that wonderful quote by VanGogh for a a future art journal page. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete