Sunday, July 5, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Coffee...My Upcycled Coffee Bag Gift Wrap

Coffee or Tea? This week, the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to create with your favorite beverage in mind. I had a lot of fun creating my upcycled gift bag and shaped tag.



My husband buys whole coffee beans at Fresh Market and brings them home to grind himself. This week, I confiscated the paper coffee bag and upcycled it! I covered the store logo with a quick coat of gesso. I used a stencil and paints to create my own design. I left the coffee bean illustration that was previously on the bag and colored it in with chalks.

I used the Sizzix Mug and Spoon Die to create a fun shaped tag. I added layers and layers of paints and inks to achieve a worn, patina.
I am really pleased with the way this evolved and I hope to re-use more packaging in the future.

Coffee or Tea? Link your stamped project to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and your project could win a $50 gift voucher to Simon Says Stamp. We draw a new winner each week. Your project could also be chosen to be featured in our weekly designer spotlight.


14 comments:

  1. Love how your mind creates! Beautiful up-cycled bag and the spoon addition is so clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooo clever and SO AMAZING!! I love love love the cup and the spoon!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool way to upcycle!! The sentiment is so perfect too!! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I really can't throw anything away anymore!! Love how you up cycled your bag into this lovely piece. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool~love the spoon hanging from the awesome bag:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is beautiful and clever as always! your up cycled bag is a wonderful ides , so as the spoon addition! Wonderful! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so creative, Michelle. Such an awesome altered project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is quite genius of you! Love to see your upcycling creativity and I really love how you made the mug into the tag-- like a reverse effect of a tag on a mug. Clever, clever! And whoa- a husband that grinds his own coffee beans! I'm not a coffee drinker, but that sounds like the task of a well-trained good man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is such a cool idea! LOve this! Absolutely fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is always an inspiration Michelle and this is just gorgeous...such a clever project and wonderful piece of upcycling! I love it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to see the gesso covered the logo so well. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project--always fun to reuse something, and in putting your own stamp on this challenge you inspire others!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful project Michelle and such a great idea! Love that you used the cup as a tag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun! Such pretty packaging and it smells really wonderful too, I bet!

    ReplyDelete