Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Spring Garden Card

It has been gloomy and rainy here for days. It's only January, but I'm ready for Spring!


Today I would like to share a tall, skinny card that I made using Eileen Hull's Sizzix Dies, some paper that reminds me of Spring, and some glitter. Because glitter makes everything a bit brighter! Especially die cuts!

I've had this floral paper for quite some time. The paper is pretty, but the bold print is overpowering and until recently, I wasn't certain how to use it. For this card, I tucked in a few leafy sprigs cut from the Sizzix Leaves, Spring Die to enhance the papers design, I colored them with Eileen's line of ColorBox Blends. I adore these little leaves!


And all good things get topped with a bow! The Ribbon Bow was also placed so that it didn't compete with the floral print. And it works!
If you look closely, you'll see another die that I used. I added the Pleated Ruffle Die to give my card a bit more texture.

I have some other photos, but my internet is giving me fits, so I will have to post those at a later date. 

Be sure to check out eileenhull.com to see all of the beautiful cards and tags that the inspiration team has posted. There are some beautiful ones there! Also see sneak peeks of the new upcoming Spring line!



3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and those leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Michelle and a lovely shape and design too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card - the shape, the papers, the FAB bow! The silver is a nice touch, too!

    ReplyDelete