Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Heartfelt Wristlet

A few months ago, I hinted at some new Sizzix releases that will be hitting the stores soon. Today, I would like to share a project that I made with Eileen Hull's new Sizzix House/Pocket Die that is part of the new Heartfelt line.
This little project was so fun and easy that it took very little time and would be a great project to share with a beginning crafter. Get out your needles, these Heartfelt dies are fun to play with! First, I cut two houses from felt with my Sizzix. Then I used my scissors to cut the "roof" off of one of the houses.

I placed the rectangular piece on top of the house die and matched up the sewing holes. Since these were cut from dies, the holes will line up perfectly every time. It makes stitching so simple!
I added a felt die cut and Velcro dot to the "inside" piece so my wristlet will stay closed. The Velcro teeth will catch on the felt, so I only need the one piece. This also covers my stitching, since I stitched an applique to the front using my Sizzix Stitchlits.
Using my Sizzix Twist and Style Tool, I made the wristlet handle. I used the same yarn and threads that I used to sew it up. (Hint: Yarn stretches and embroidery floss doesn't. So give your yarn a little stretch before twisting.) I made pom poms and attached them with a tassel. 

Eileen has a great Facebook Live Tassel Video on making tassels with the Twist and Style Craft Tool. Her tassels are a lot better than mine. :) She has a new facebook Live video every Tuesday where she shares tips, tricks and fun projects. They are a lot of fun to watch. There's also tons of inspiration and information on Eileen's Blog



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I really loved making this project. I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  2. One of my favorite projects Michelle and great tutorial too <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle this is adorable and I love the addition of the pom pom!!!!!

    ReplyDelete