Die Cut Felt Flowers

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Hello! This month, the Eileen Hull Inspiration team is sharing projects made with Eileen's new Sizzix Heartfelt collection using Kunin felt. I created a sweet bouquet of Felt Flowers!


I'm really crushing on the felt crafting right now. Felt is so soft to work with that it's soothing. I think it's the crafting equivalent of comfort food!

I'd like to share my easy technique to make a pot of these sweet little blooms. First, I die cut my flowers using three flower dies and the leaf die in Eileen's Stitchy Flowers and Leaf set. I used three colors of Kunin felt. I used Minty, Baby Blue and the pretty Olive.

Once the felt was cut, I colored the centers with PanPastels. Using chalks on felt is nothing new. It's a technique that gives your projects dimension each and every time. It's a bit messy, but so worth it! Using PanPastel like a chalk, I colored the Minty with Ultra Blue Shade, and the Baby Blue was colored with Phthalo Blue Shade.
After my felt die pieces were colored, I poked a hole through the center with an awl and stacked them three and four deep on a 4 inch piece of covered wire. I added some Beacons 3-in-1 glue to the center and gently pulled the petals up to create dimension. A leaf was glued to each stem and voila! They're finished!

Now I have a sweet little dish of flowers to add a pop of color to my kitchen!

Thank you for visiting!


3 comments:

  1. Michelle, your flowers are stunning, they look so realistic too!! Such a great tip to use the Pan Pastels, it defines the flowers so beautifully... Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE you flowers, they look so dimensional, the colouring with the PPs makes them really pop!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)