Monday, June 18, 2018

Crepe Paper Parrot Tulips

Hello Friends! I have been so busy making fun things, that I haven't been keeping up with my blog very well. I am going to fix that as of today! Today, I would like to share some crepe paper Parrot Tulips that I made.



This was a labor of love. The petals (including the stripes) are handcut from German Crepe, tinted with PanPastels and then each petal was waxed with pure beeswax. Everything was handmade. I even made the fuzzy center stamen.
I really enjoyed this process and I've already begun creating more unique paper flowers. 
They are, I admit, labor intensive. I can't even begin to count how many hours that I spent making these and I loved every second. This is where my heart lies. Because of this new direction, I will no longer be working with Eileen Hull and Sizzix. This was not an easy choice to make. I've been with Eileen for over five years and I adore her and her products. Sadly, there isn't time to to do it all. 
Keep watching for updated blog changes as well as more crepe flowers. I'm working on some now and they should be coming soon. So excited!! Meanwhile, I also have a lot of fun crafty things to share that I've made with my Silhouette Cameo. I seriously love that thing!

Thanks for letting me share with you today. If you'd like to see some of my projects first, follow me on Instagram

<3 Michelle






2 comments: