Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mim and Lala....

At The Paper Mixing Bowl there was a layout challenge based on Thanksgiving leftovers.  There was a whole "menu" of requirements. Sounds interesting, doesn't it?  Well, I was intrigued, and this is what I came up with.
The main ingredient needed to be brown and white. I used a real feather and stick for the "Elements from Nature" requirement. And stamping met a requirement too. My journaling prompt started out as being "outdoors", but I wrote more about the elements and her nickname.  Which is cool with me, :) I did manage to get some handwriting in there.  Which I hate doing. :( So that fit a requirement too.

If you're curious, it reads:
In 1966, Mildred E. Norton (My great-Grandmother) and Clara Baals, her younger sister, stopped along the road to Passion Play to pose for a photo taken in a Grapefruit Orchard.  Although her name was Clara, her family called her “Lala”.  (Her friends called her “Billie”, but that’s another story)  And Aunt Lala refered to Mildred as, “Mim”.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the recipe!!I love the branch!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Mixing Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! So many different things to take in...I love the feather detail! Thank for cooking with us this month at the Paper Mixing Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout, Michelle, so glad you joined us at PMB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout, Michelle, so glad you joined us at PMB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Paper Mixing Bowl.... love your layout and all the required elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and so uniquely done! Thank you for your sweet comments on my Scraps of Elegance projects and for hopping along with us~ Renea

    ReplyDelete