Thursday, January 31, 2013

Orange Hello!

Today's card was inspired from the Paper Smooches Sparks Picture Perfect Challenge photo you see below.  Photo challenges are so much fun, and I am humbled by the talented contributors who entered this weeks challenge. So many amazing entries!  It really is worth looking at. This isn't one of my "best" cards, but it was one that I had a ton of fun with.  Sometimes I forget how fun embossing is!

I embossed orange ink on vellum using the Potpourri stamp set, which was perfect for the photo.  And I used the same stamp set with Versamark ink on the tan "hello" banner.  The patterned paper is an old Halloween line from Websters Pages.  I love that print!
 
Oh!  And remember this?
Yes, that's what I used to punch the "hello" letters from the woodgrain paper.  Old-school, isn't it?  LOL! I told you that I had fun!  :)
 

 
 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love orange - it is such a happy colour! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. The grid stamp that I used is from Kaisercraft, but I think Tim Holtz does a similar one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I love that big flower :) Thanks for popping by my blog. I am following yours now and I'd love it if you'd like to follow me as well. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is just gorgeous! perfect take on the inspiration photo!! love that fabulous flower and great stamped panel! thanks SO much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful... a perfect take on the challenge inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I love that you call that tool old-school! If it works--that's all that matters:)

    FAB card--LOVE that large flower!! GORGEOUS! THANKS so much for joining in the fun over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge-- hope you join in the fun with this week's polka dot challenge:) <3

    ReplyDelete