Friday, February 5, 2016

Flipbooks and Flowers

I've discovered a lovely young woman named Amber via Instagram, who organizes creative snailmail projects and exchanges on her website, Snail Mail Ideas. In January, she organized a "Flipbook" exchange that I participated in.



My flipbook was constructed with 6x6 sheets of patterned paper, washi tape, and loads of fun embellishments and interactive flaps and pockets for the recipient. The book also contained a letter to my friend, as well as little goodies and treats that were put in the envelopes.
For some reason, I didn't take enough photos, which was disappointing because it was a fun little project. If you are interested in exchanging Happy Mail with me, please contact me. I love sending and receiving creative mail!

I've also been busy making more paper flowers. This is an ongoing obsession, so you'll be seeing lots and lots of these making an appearance on my blog. I've been experimenting with different mediums and techniques.
I adore making these. It makes my heart happy!



9 comments:

  1. You keep on surprise me with your paper flowers; they look so real! Think you could sell them in a special shop for silk amd paper flowers!
    And your happy mqil looks so full with beautiful details! Wish you a relaxing and inky weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING that book!! And those flowers!?!?!? WOW oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome stuff, Michelle! The first project could not be more YOU and you know I adore your eye for vintage wonderfulness. That flip book looks incredible. And the flowers are new and phenomenal! What fun to see your aesthetic shine through in two completely different, yet wonderful, projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, every time I visit your blog, my mouth hits the floor!
    Your flowers are simply amazing and your happy mail is wow, just sensational Michelle!!
    I would love to exchange addresses with you and also know your BDay to send you some mail ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a delightful project - next time do take more pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer! Those flowers are gorgeous and your flip book is fabulous. I struggle with the flowers and yours are so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to do a flipbook Michelle. Do you have instructions Michelle? You did such a wonderful job on this one I would have loved to see more pictures too lol!! I lOVE the mailman! Your flowers are amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and you have such a unique et beautiful style .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dominique, your comment made my day. Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete